Quick and easy gluten free cookies that start with a convenient gluten free cake mix... Make them even more delicious by adding in some M&M’s, Rolo's or dusting with powdered sugar.
If you’re looking for a mouthwatering and amazing chocolate cookie recipe that will be an instant hit the minute you serve them, look no further! This recipe starts with a convenient gluten free chocolate cake mix and in under 30 minutes, you’ll have soft and tender cookies that taste like you spent hours in the kitchen.
These are seriously some of the easiest and tastiest cookies you’ll ever make. Bake sales, holiday baking or just a crowd of hungry friends and family – bake these for them ALL! No mixer required and super simple prep means these cookies are just a short bake time away.
Here are some tips to make these cookies even more amazing…
Making Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Simple. Just the cake mix, oil and egg. That’s it. We’ll get into the ‘extras’ below if you want to dress up your cookies.
About the gluten free chocolate cake mix: The Betty Crocker brand was used in this recipe. Others may or may not have the same results. It can be purchased here.
Even though this batter seems like it would be easy to mix with just any spoon, use a sturdy spoon. Once the oil and egg are added, the batter gets quite thick. A good spoon makes mixing a lot easier.
Plain chocolate cake mix cookies are good, but adding a pop of M&M’s or a dusting or powdered sugar makes these cookies amazing. But why stop there – any mix-in would be worth a try… rolo's anyone?!
A little pat
The thing with the gluten free cake mix cookies is they do a really good job of holding their shape. So those balls of dough you place on the sheet will be pretty close to the end result. They’ll taste great, but they’ll be tight little dense cookies. So the trick to getting a larger, less dense cookie is to pat them out a bit. A plastic spatula works great, but a flat bottom glass would work well too.
Baking time all depends on the size of the cookies. Want to make tiny little bite size ones? Bake for 8 – 9 minutes. The Tablespoon size ones will bake for around 12 minutes.
Pro tip: Let the fresh from the oven cookies sit on the cookie pan for at least 5 minutes to cool. Then slide them off with a spatula to cool completely on a wire rack.
Are you ready for the best gluten free chocolate cake mix cookies ever?
Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 package gluten free chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Optional: ½ cup mini M&M’s, 36 Rolo's or dusting of powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the cake mix, vegetable oil and eggs. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- If using the mini M&M’s, fold them into the batter.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion the batter onto the prepared sheets.
- If opting for Rolo's, take one Rolo candy and wrap one Tablespoon of dough around the candy.
- Flatten each cookie slightly with a plastic spatula or bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 9 – 12 minutes depending on size.
- Let cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Betty Crocker brand cake mix was used in this recipe.
- Flatten the cookies slightly.
- Baking time depends on the size of the cookies. Smaller cookie = less time. Larger cookie = more time.
- Let the cookies cool before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Check out these delicious gluten free recipes next: