The sweet taste of strawberry cake but in the form of a cookie. These NEED to be on your ‘cookies to make’ list!
Everyone needs a classic cookie in their toolbox. One that never fails to elicit Mmmm’s and Wow’s with every bite. Well this one seriously needs to be on your top 10 cookie baking list. It’s perfectly sweet, is quick and easy and looks amazing on a cookie platter. And, best of all, it starts with a simple cake mix!
These gluten free strawberry cake mix cookies are perfectly chewy and soft. Delicate and full of strawberry flavor.
How to Make the Best Gluten Free Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
(Strawberry) Cake mix
The secret to these cake mix cookies starts with a yellow cake mix and a package of strawberry Jello. Betty Crocker was my go-to mix, so I can’t vouch for any others.
Here’s where the magic happens: cake mix + strawberry Jello = strawberry cake mix! All you need is about 1/3 cup of strawberry Jello mixed right in with the ingredients. If you have a scale, it’s 3 oz. Mix and viola – strawberry cookie batter!
Love the idea of cake mix cookies?! Check out these chocolate cake mix cookies.
Portion the cookies
Using a cookie scoop, portion each cookie onto a prepared baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Pro tip: Portion out all the cookies first before moving on to the next step…
This is the fun part. Once these brightly colored beauties are portioned out on the pan, it’s time to flatten them a tad. Using a plastic spatula, pat them down until they are smooth on the top and about ½ inch thick.
Depending on the type of pan you use, these cookies bake anywhere from 9 – 11 minutes. Using an insulated pan puts you right at the 11 minute mark, a cookie sheet would be more like 9 minutes. Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dipping these cookies in melted white, dark or milk chocolate is completely optional, but sure does add to an already delicious cookie!
And they’ll be ready faster than you can get your cooling racks out!
Gluten Free Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box yellow cake mix Betty Crocker
- 3 oz. strawberry Jello
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- melted white, dark or milk chocolate optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cake mix, Jello, oil and eggs. Mix until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out cookies on the prepared pan.
- Using a plastic spatula, flatten each cookie.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes depending on size.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely.
- If desired, dip half of the cookie into melted white, milk or dark chocolate and let sit on wax paper.
- Flatten these cookies slightly for optimal spread.
- Baking time - depending on size, these cookies will bake anywhere from 9 - 11 minutes.
- Dip in melted white chocolate, dark or milk chocolate for an added punch of flavor!
Ready for more delicious gluten free cookies? Check out these recipes: