Chewy, chocolatey and perfectly peanut buttery, these gluten free peanut butter blossoms have no gums and no flour! But they’re taste bud-tempting delicious!
If you’ve got 30 minutes, you’ve got time for cookies. Or for these cookies anyway. This recipe for these classic peanut butter blossoms has been cut and trimmed so it can be on your serving plate in just 30 minutes. No more stressing out over bake sales or potlucks – keep this recipe handy and you’ve got your go-to treat that will earn rave reviews every time.
How to Make Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
Start with the essentials
There’s not much needed for these delicious cookies, but a delicious peanut butter is essential. And it helps to have these tools handy:
Plump little balls
After portioning these little balls of yumminess out, resist the urge to roll them into a perfect ball. Just a quick roll and then a toss in the sugar should do it. This way the cookies stay nice and thick and with just the right amount of cracking on the edges.
Give them all a ‘kiss’
Immediately after the cookies come out of the oven, lightly press an unwrapped Hershey kiss into the center of each one. Just a slight press should do it – not too much that it melts the chocolate.
Let them cool
Once the Hershey kiss is in place, remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Although I’ll admit that I didn’t wait long to take that first bite!
Ready to get these on your serving platter?! Let’s get baking!
Easy Gluten Free Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 30 Hershey’s milk chocolate kisses
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- Additional white sugar for rolling dough
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place a layer of parchment paper on cookie sheets. Remove wrappers from kisses.
- In a large mixing bowl with the paddle attachment, mix the peanut butter, white sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, vanilla and salt.
- Add in the egg and mix until combined.
- With a cookie scoop, portion cookie dough onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Roll each portion into a smooth ball of dough.
- Place the additional white sugar into a small bowl. Roll in sugar and place back on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and lightly press a Hershey’s kiss into the center of the cookie.
- Cool completely.
- These cookies are flour free and gum free.
- Use a high quality peanut butter since it's the main ingredient.
- Roll the cookies just until formed into balls.
- Press the Hershey kiss lightly into the baked cookie.