Calling all quick and easy recipe lovers! I feel like we’ve hit the jackpot with these flourless muffins. I really do.
I love a good gourmet muffin – the kind that are oozing with ingredients, bursting with a homemade topping or filling and gobbled up in less time than it took you to prep the first 5 ingredients. But every now and then I like to keep it simple. And sometimes, every so often, the simple ones are the best ones.
This recipe is a busy baker’s best friend. In fact, I think these may be my go-to for every bake sale, sweet tooth and last minute treat from now on! And the fact that they accommodate food allergies makes them even better.
No gluten, no dairy and no flour – but loaded with flavor. This amazing flourless muffin recipe that will fill hungry tummies and its really as easy as 1, 2, 3.
This recipe for flourless gluten free mini muffins will knock your socks off. Its quick, easy and uses convenient ingredients. And the best part… it uses one tool – your blender (or food processor)!
Heat up your oven now, these will be ready to bake in no time!
How to Make Flourless Muffins
Use a Blender
Food processors work great too, but a blender has that little pour spout that makes portioning these mini muffins out, super easy. And less messy. Just add all the ingredients and blend.
Can these be made egg-free too?
Good news – these flourless muffins lend themselves well to being egg free too! Just use one of these convenient egg substitutes in place of the 2 eggs. A chia seed or flax seed egg is one of the easiest and most versatile. Just avoid using more banana, since the recipe already calls for bananas.
Can I use other toppings on these flourless muffins?
A resounding YES! The beauty of these flourless mini muffins is that practically any combination of toppings tastes amazing. Slivered almonds, peanuts, peanut butter chips, even M&M’s are all so delicious on these muffins.
And now for the recipe… oh, if you enjoy it, will you give it a rating?!
Gluten Free Flourless Muffins
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Toppings: mini chocolate chips slivered almonds, chopped pecans, chopped walnuts, other mini chips you find, mini M&M’s
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Grease 3 – 4 mini muffin tins. If you’d rather use mini muffin cup liners, feel free to use those and skip the greasing.
- In a blender or food processor, add all the ingredients except for the toppings. No need to mash the bananas, just break apart and add.
- The blender will be quite full. Blend it on medium until well mixed. Scrape the ingredients down and blend again.
- Pour the batter ¾ of the way full into the greased muffin tins / muffin cups.
- On each muffin, lightly sprinkle the toppings of your choice.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until toothpick tests done.
- Because of the pour spout, a blender works best for these flourless mini muffins. But you could also use a food processor.
- Make these muffins egg free by using an egg substitute.
- Top these muffins with chocolate chips, nuts or candy.
Check out these delicious recipes next:
- Amazing Gluten Free White Bread Without Xanthan Gum
- Soft Gluten Free Breadsticks
- Gluten Free Potato Rolls
And don’t miss these gluten free baking tips:
- How to Substitute Xanthan Gum in Gluten Free Baking
- 5 Alternatives to Xanthan Gum and Guar Gum
- Gluten Free Starches: Arrowroot, Cornstarch, Tapioca and Potato Starch
And grab your free recipes while you’re here – sign up below!