These almond flour brownies are just the chocolate fix you need! Made with eight ingredients, these chocolatey squares are simple and satisfying. If you need a go-to brownie recipe, look no further!
When you're hit with a chocolate craving, it can be tempting to reach for that box of brownie mix. It's just so easy, after all. Well, what if I told you this recipe for brownies with almond flour is so simple and quick that you'll choose it over the boxed mix? You only need eight ingredients and about 45 minutes to create this chocolate lover's dream!
Why this recipe is a must-make!
Sometimes you just don't have time for a super involved recipe. Maybe you just have an hour to whip something up. That's what I love about this recipe for brownies with almond flour. They are gluten free but don't require a long list of flours and starches. Here are a few more reasons you'll love these brownies:
- This recipe only requires 8 ingredients.
- You need just 15 minutes of prep time.
- This recipe makes 12 servings, a great size for a party or leftovers.
- There are plenty of substitution options, like if you want to make them eggless.
Ingredients & substitutions
- Vegan butter - The Country Crock brand was used in this recipe. Other brands of vegan or regular butter will also work.
- Granulated sugar - You can swap half of the sugar for Swerve granular sweetener. I don't recommend substituting the full amount of sugar.
- Cocoa powder - Make sure you use unsweetened cocoa powder. Other varieties of cocoa powder have not been tested.
- Vanilla extract - There is so substitute for the vanilla extract.
- Eggs - The eggs can be substituted with chia or flax eggs.
- Almond flour - The Nuts.com brand of almond flour was used in this recipe.
- Baking powder - There is so substitute for the baking powder.
- Salt - The salt can be reduced or omitted for those following a low salt diet.
Measurements for each ingredient, along with instructions for making the brownies are in the recipe card below.
1 cup of almond flour in grams
I always recommend weighing flour to get the most precise measurement, and this recipe is no different! Keep in mind that 1 cup of almond flour is roughly 100 grams.
Almond flour brownies step by step
Step 1: Add the butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, and eggs to a large bowl.
Step 2: Mix with a sturdy spoon until fully combined (about 30 seconds).
Step 3: Add almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
Step 4: Mix until fully combined (about 30 seconds).
Step 5: The batter will be thick. Spray an 8" pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350F.
Step 6: Spread the batter into your prepared pan.
Baking & serving
Step 7: Bake at 350F for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with no wet batter on it.
Step 8: Let the brownies cool for an hour before slicing and serving.
💭Pro tips for making these brownies
1. Weigh the dry ingredients
It's important to weigh ingredients like flour, sugar, and cocoa powder. When you scoop a measuring cup into a dry ingredient, you'll get a different amount each time depending on how much gets packed in. So use a digital scale to get an accurate measurement.
2. Use a sturdy spoon to mix the batter
This brownie batter will be pretty thick, so make sure to use a sturdy spoon that won't bend while you mix. A trusty wooden spoon is always a good option!
3. Let cool for 1 hour before slicing
It'll be tempting to slice into the brownies right after they come out of the oven, but they really need to cool for an hour. If you cut into them right away they'll fall apart and be a (delicious) mess.
4. Freeze and save them for later
These almond flour brownies freeze really well, so they make the perfect make-ahead dessert. You can keep baked brownies in the freezer for quite a while and simply defrost them in the microwave when you want to!
Almond flour brownies FAQs
Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Yes! Wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and store them in a plastic bag in the freezer until you want a brownie. Defrost in the microwave and enjoy!
One cup of almond flour weighs approximately 100 grams.
Other chocolatey recipes you may like!
Quick Almond Flour Brownies
- 5 Tablespoons vegan butter melted
- 300 grams granulated sugar about 1 ½ cups
- 64 grams unsweetened cocoa powder about ¾ cup
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 145 grams almond flour about 1 ½ cups
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray an 8" baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the vegan butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix with a sturdy spoon until fully combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder and salt to the large bowl.
- Mix until fully combined, about 30 seconds. Batter will be thick.
- Spread batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies has no wet batter on it.
- Let the brownies cool for 1 hour before slicing.
- The Nuts.com brand of almond flour was used in this recipe. The almond flour should not be substituted. Find other brownie recipes here.
- The Country Crock brand of vegan butter was used in this recipe. Other brands of vegan butter or butter will work also.
- Half of the granulated sugar can be swapped out with Swerve granular sweetener. I would not recommend substituting all of the sugar.
- Chia or flax eggs can be used in place of the eggs.
- These brownies store well at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Freeze them for longer storage by wrapping each piece in plastic wrap and freezing in a freezer safe container.