A tender, buttery gluten free crescent roll, warm from the oven and bursting with delicious flavor... no, it's not a dream!
These gluten free crescent rolls are the real deal.
Light, easy to prep and quick to bake - And to top it all off - the ingredients list is short and sweet.
Who doesn't love a fresh from the oven, light and tender crescent roll? They're just the perfect dinner bread to pass around a table full of hungry tummies. But these crescent rolls are extra special for a few tasty reasons: 1. They're homemade, 2. They're gluten free and 3. They're not difficult to make!
Just what does 'not difficult' mean? Here are some tips to making the very best crescent rolls without spending hours in the kitchen.
How to Make Gluten Free Crescent Rolls
A simple ingredients list? Yes please!
These crescent rolls are only 7 ingredients. That's right, just 7! A little butter, cottage cheese, gluten free flour blend, xanthan gum, salt, sugar and baking powder is about it. Add in a food processor and you have a super easy dinner bread.
Use a food processor
A food processor elevates this recipe to a whole new level of easy prep.
Start with the cottage cheese and butter in the bowl of the food processor.
Mix until the mixture is smooth.
Then add in the flour mixture.
Mix until it all comes together.
Even though it's tempting to roll out and bake the easy crescent rolls right then, the refrigeration time is important. It gives the dough time to firm up and the fat to re-solidify, allowing you to roll it out much easier. And the good news is that you CAN make this dough ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to a week before shaping and baking it.
Rolling and shaping gluten free crescent rolls
Wax paper is key to successful crescent rolls. It helps with preventing the dough from sticking too much and give you a nice surface to work on for rolling it out.
Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to a 12 inch circle. You might need to sprinkle it with flour a few times.
Then, using a butter knife, slice the crescent roll dough into 12 slices, like a pizza.
Carefully roll each slice, starting from the long end, toward the center of the circle.
Place each crescent roll onto a baking sheet.
These crescent rolls are a bread lovers dream!
If you'd like to see more mouthwatering gluten free breads, check out these roll recipes next!
Gluten Free Crescent Rolls
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ¾ cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. Gluten-free-bread flour mix
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¾ tsp. gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- In the bowl of a food processor, mix the cottage cheese and butter until the mixture is smooth and lump free.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. flour mix, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter-cottage cheese mixture all at once. Blend in the food processor until fully incorporated.
- Place the dough on a sheet of wax paper. Wrap it in cling wrap and place it in the refrigerator to chill for two to three hours.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Prepare your counter: place a large sheet of wax paper down and dust it with gluten free flour mix. Then get your rolling pin ready.
- Place the well chilled dough on the floured surface and roll into a 12 inch circle. Adding small dustings of flour as necessary.
- Once you have a 12 inch circle, use a butter knife to cut the dough into 12 ‘slices’.
- Starting at the wide end, roll each slice up from the wide end to the tip.
- Place the rolled crescents on a greased or paper lined baking sheet, forming the crescent shape as you place them.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve!
- Using a food processor makes the recipe prep a breeze.
- Refrigerate the dough for up to one week before shaping and baking.
- Roll the dough and use extra flour as needed.