The slightly crisp outside and tender inside of gluten free focaccia bread is hard to beat. This recipe comes together easy, but tastes like you spent all day lovingly preparing this amazing bread.
One of my favorite breads to make lately has been gluten free focaccia bread. The aroma of this loaf carries throughout the room… fortunately it doesn’t take long from start to finish. Whether you just tear into it or cut it neatly into squares, it’s the perfect addition to any meal.
How to make gluten free focaccia bread
Making this glorious focaccia bread is not difficult. In fact, if you keep the herb infused olive oil dipping sauce on hand, it can be made in about 25 - 30 minutes. On your table in 30 minutes - Yum! Here are some other tips for making the very best gluten free focaccia.
Quality Olive Oil
Focaccia bread relies heavily on olive oil. And a high quality olive oil is not just important, it’s essential. I use this extra virgin olive oil in this recipe and love the delicate, but full bodied flavor.
Superfine Almond Flour
Almond flour is almost like a secret ingredient that I keep under wraps. I don’t intend to, but it’s just such an underused flour that I feel like I need to highlight it more. Almond flour performs incredibly well in this recipe. I use Bob's Red Mill because it’s finely ground and reasonably priced.
Herb Infused Olive Oil Dipping Sauce
The beauty of this dipping recipe is that you’ll have plenty left over for dipping these beautiful pieces of focaccia into. Dip, eat. Repeat. It can sit on your counter for a week. Any longer than that, stick it in the refrigerator.
I prefer dried herbs over fresh in my herb infused olive oil and I’ll tell you why… Fresh herbs contain water and water mixed into oil can hasten the spoilage time frame. Dried herbs are just that – dried and already preserved. Perfect for infusing into olive oil.
Now you see why gluten free focaccia bread is one of my absolute favorite dinner breads!
If you enjoy this recipe, will you give it a rating?!
Gluten Free Focaccia Bread with Herb Infused Olive Oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 5 Tbsp. herb infused olive oil dipping sauce divided
- Herb Infused Olive Oil Dipping Sauce
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ salt
- ¼ pepper
- Make the Herb Infused Olive Oil Dipping Sauce.
- Combine olive oil, parmesan cheese, parsley, rosemary, Italian seasoning, pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a dressing bottle. Shake until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut a piece of parchment paper in a 9” x 13” size. Sprinkle olive oil on a baking sheet and place the parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Add the mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, almond flour, baking powder, salt and eggs into the bowl of a food processor. Process for a few seconds.
- Add 2 Tbsp. herb dipping sauce and process for 20 seconds.
- Remove the dough from the food processor and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press the dough down evenly to nearly cover the parchment paper.
- Make fingertip indentions in the dough.
- Drizzle with 3 Tbsp. herb olive oil dipping sauce.
- Fill a metal baking pan halfway with water and place on lower rack of the oven.
- Place the focaccia on the rack above and bake for 20 minutes. Top should be golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes and serve with remaining herb dipping sauce.
- Leftover dipping oil is amazing used with other rolls or bread!
- For best results, use parchment paper on the baking pan.
- Fill another baking pan halfway with water to steam the focaccia and ensure a chewy bread.
These recipes are also amazing with the herb infused olive oil:
And here are some essential gluten free baking tips: